Crappy Couple of Weeks

Hi all! I hope you’re doing well.  Me, not so much.  The past couple of weeks have been really really hard for me. Needless to say, it’s completely thrown my eating off track.

The week before last, I came down with a stomach bug.

Then last Saturday, I hurt my back pretty badly.  I was diagnosed with a bulged disc and some degenerative disc disease about 13 years ago. It has bothered me off and on over the years, but has been pretty well regulated until now. I think it happened when I was trying to help my dad while he was having seizures, but I’m not entirely sure when it happened.  I’ve been in agony for pretty much the last week straight.  It was feeling quite a bit better yesterday, but it started bothering me again last night and today.  The prescription medicines didn’t even make an impact on the pain.

To top it off, I now have a cold or something.  I’ve had a sore throat the past couple of days with congestion and some cough (which makes my back feel lovely, let me tell you).

Unfortunately, I’ve missed quite a bit of work the past couple of weeks. Which isn’t entirely surprising.

So it’s been a rough couple of weeks, with several fairly low moments on my part. I’m sure I’m annoying the heck out of my friends with my negativity.  It has really felt like I just can’t catch a break.  I’m refusing to give up hope though that it will get better.  It’s got to.

On a happy note, I recently installed a couple of new spam filters on my blog. They’re lovely. There’s an extra box for people to check when commenting (to prove that they’re human), but I went from over a thousand spam comments a day to zero in the past four days.  It’s great.

I hope you’re all well.

February 12, 2012admin 9 Comments »
FILED UNDER :Life in General

9 Responses to this entry

• hopefulandfree Says:

Oh, I’m sorry to hear about your back!! That is really debilitating when it hurts that much. 🙁 I speak from experience. It’s especially upsetting, too, when it starts to feel like life is piling up on you–even though you’ve been making an effort to pursue positive goals. Sending some cyber hugs and warm wishes for a quick recovery from all maladies! 🙂 (((hugs))) your pal, Rebecca
    hopefulandfree recently posted…towards interdependence and mutual aidMy Profile

Posted on February 12th, 2012 at 6:38 pm Reply | Quote
  • Pamela Says:

Thanks for understanding, Rebecca! Hope you’re well.

Posted on February 12th, 2012 at 6:53 pm Reply | Quote
  • Christy Says:

I’m sorry you’ve been broken lately. Hope you start feeling better soon. By, say, Wednesday. 😉
    Christy recently posted…I Love NerdsMy Profile

Posted on February 12th, 2012 at 8:57 pm Reply | Quote
  • Allyson Says:

UGH. Back problems – been there done that too. My sympathies Pam! It WILL get better because it’s just the nature of things. I’m trying to keep negativities at bay these days too. errr, it’s so hard to push that out of my days sometimes. Hang in there. Always glad to see you blogging again. Feel better fast! 😀

Posted on February 15th, 2012 at 12:02 pm Reply | Quote
  • Lyn Says:

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
    Lyn recently posted…Letting GoMy Profile

Posted on February 19th, 2012 at 9:17 pm Reply | Quote
  • Taryl Says:

Back pain sucks, spam comments suck, missing work sucks, colds suck. Hearing from you? Definitely does NOT suck! Be well, Pamela!
    Taryl recently posted…Har har, not funny.My Profile

Posted on February 20th, 2012 at 12:14 am Reply | Quote
  • hopefulandfree Says:

Hi Pamela! Just popping by again to say I hope you are feeling better! My own back pain has healed for another appreciated length of time, and it does make a big difference mentally and emotionally when the physical aching lets up! Spring is not far off, and if you are anything like me, Spring often brings a welcome renewal of spirits. 🙂 Please email if you ever want to chat! Sending warmest wishes and cheerful thoughts. (((hugs)))
    hopefulandfree recently posted…sprinterMy Profile

Posted on March 7th, 2012 at 12:53 pm Reply | Quote
  • Charmaine Says:

It has really felt like I just can’t catch a break. I’m refusing to give up hope though that it will get better.
    Charmaine recently posted…The Skiing BlogMy Profile

Posted on March 23rd, 2012 at 9:41 pm Reply | Quote
  • Renea Says:

I’ve been thinking of buying a new laptop for several months, but I haven’t made up my mind yet what to buy. I’m pretty cheap, so I’ll probably end up buying a Netbook or another used computer not a lot better than this one.
    Renea recently posted…LivegadgetzMy Profile