Trying to Find My Way

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well!

See, the problem with going so long in between blog posts is that when you finally get around to sitting down and writing something, you have about five trillion things going through your head that you need/want to say.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to get to very many of them tonight.

But I did want to pop in and say hi and let you know I’m still alive.  I’ve been in somewhat of a deep dark nesting hole lately filled up with lots of reading and watching of my most recent obsession (the tv show “Supernatural” – I’m in the middle of season 2) and pretty much avoiding anything that would require me to do any serious thinking.  Oh yeah, and eating like crazy.  I’m back up a bunch of pounds.  <sigh>

Yesterday was the first day in several weeks that I even put in an effort to try and be on plan.  I dipped into my flex points by 6, but even that was progress in that I tracked and didn’t dip into them by about 75. 🙂

Things have been nuts just in the past couple of days.  My mom’s ABS brake light came on on Sunday and she called the shop on Monday and they told her that she should be fine (it was just the ABS system and her regular brakes should be fine) and that they wouldn’t be able to get her in for a few days.  Well, Monday night, she was going to meet a friend for dinner and her brakes went completely out.  Luckily, they finally came back on, but um, yeah, scary!

And tonight, I was picking up a couple of towels off of the bathroom floor and whacked my head on a towel rack.  Luckily, I was able to stay conscious through my agony and am currently sitting in bed writing this with an icepack balanced on top of my head.  Seriously, you would crack up if you could see me.  It’s pretty sore and tender, but I think I’ll live.  And yes, I’m still the same klutz I’ve always been! 🙂

Anyway, I hopefully will be able to write more soon.  I have to tell you about the Chely Wright event I went to last week!  In the meantime, I’m going to keep working on trying to pull myself out of this funk that I seem to be trapped in.

Take care!

8 Responses to this entry

• MizFit Says:

glad to know youre hanging in and hanging on.

if only we could call the PULLING OURSELVES OUT OF A FUNK exercise!
    (resistance training? :))

Posted on June 16th, 2010 at 5:28 am Reply | Quote
  • Francesca Says:

Aww! I’m sorry to hear you’re in a funk. You’ll get through this. Hang in there!

Posted on June 16th, 2010 at 6:01 am Reply | Quote
  • Lisa Says:

Sorry you’re in a funk. I was in one for many many months. I’m finally seeing the light again….finally. I hope the sky starts to clear for you soon 🙂

Posted on June 16th, 2010 at 8:01 am Reply | Quote
  • Bearfriend Says:

Hi Pamela. Sounds like you’re already coming out into the light again.

Hope your head is much better by the morning.

Bearfriend xx

Posted on June 16th, 2010 at 7:39 pm Reply | Quote
  • Rebecca Says:

Just be very kind and gentle with yourself, okay? Give yourself a big hug at least once an HOUR! 🙂

Posted on June 16th, 2010 at 8:54 pm Reply | Quote
  • Tonya Says:

Sorry to hear you are in a funk. I’ve been in one since the beginning of the year. I’ve heard many people say they’re having a tough year when it comes to being healthier and eating right. I’ve just decided to take each day as it comes and whatever I can manage to do that day that’s positive I will. Hope things get better soon.

Posted on June 17th, 2010 at 6:28 am Reply | Quote
  • Taryl Says:

Have you figured out why you’re eating, Pamela? Is there any particular root cause or is it just slipping/comfort eating/laziness/etc? I fall into that particular slump myself, from time to time, the important thing is that you get back on the horse and pull yourself back out, yeah? Not dipping into flex points is a good start, just try to have three solid days on plan and I think you’ll find yourself back in the groove once you have a few good days back under your belt.

Enjoy your Supernatural addiction, too, I’m stuck on a new series, myself, and trying to balance that and my household duties. It’s tough!
    .-= Taryl´s last blog ..The Chart. =-.

Posted on June 17th, 2010 at 3:11 pm Reply | Quote
  • Skye Says:

First of all, please know you were really, really missed! (((Hugs)))

Secondly, I am so sorry you are struggling. Like we’ve discussed before, I know what you are going through. And I hate it. I wish I had the magic answer for you, but I haven’t figured that one out yet. But you best believe, as soon as I do, you will be the first to know! ( :

Thirdly, thank God your mom didn’t wreck! OMGoodness! Poor thing. She must have been so scared!

And last, but certainly not least…. how is your head? OUCH! My goodness! That must have hurt so much!
    .-= Skye´s last blog ..11 Hours Later… =-.

Posted on June 19th, 2010 at 1:56 am Reply | Quote